£31,834 per annum + car allowance
37.5hrs per week
Working from home with ability to travel to Hereford
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Surveyor to join our Assets team.
You will manage repairs to meet agreed standards, assessing contractor invoices against work undertaken and dealing with occurrences of service failure where necessary. You will look to continually improve service standards throughout.
Key accountabilities and measures;
- Management of repairs carried out, ensuring these meet acceptable standards, liaising closely with the Contract Manager and Building Surveyor on contracts and the quality of work.
- Support the development of local planned and preventative maintenance programmes, identifying homes that require investment and obtaining quotes for repairs when necessary.
- Assist with investigations of construction defects to the properties that involve third parties such as insurance, environmental health, NHBC, structural engineers etc.
- Assess the value for money and accuracy of any quotations obtained from contractors and look at invoices against work undertaken, escalating any concerns to the Contract Manager
- Responsible for resolving complaints relating to technical matters in the maintenance area as well as investigating service failures.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have/be;
- Comprehensive experience of managing maintenance contractors.
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of buildings and services.
- Good understanding of various forms of repairs contracts and their administration.
- Good and current understanding of costs within the repairs and maintenance sector.
- Good practical knowledge of working with asbestos, working within CDM Regulation, and monitoring Safe Systems of Working.
- Skilled in assessing technical information and devising and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Able to effectively prioritise own work and of others. Good time management with the ability to set objectives and meet deadlines.
- Able to effectively communicate appropriately, verbally and in writing, for a range of audiences.
- Competent in using standard office IT applications and business systems.
- A qualification in a construction or maintenance-related discipline, equivalent to or higher than a Advanced Diploma, National Vocational qualification level 3, ONC, or a City and Guilds Diploma level 3, or similar; or equivalent experience.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
We are an ambitious social housing provider, with an annual turnover of £181 million and £1.7 billion in assets who manage around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers.
Our extensive portfolio consists of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With a bold house-building programme and ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
Closing date: 23 February 2018
Interview date: 7, 8 March 2018
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.