Industria Personnel Services are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Supervisor to work at one of our prestigious clients, based in Hinckley. They are a well-established manufacturing company who pride themselves on the quality of their products.
The main priority for this position will be to focus on reducing machinery breakdowns, and increasing machine availability through development of the planned preventative maintenance systems, and staff training. On a day to day basis, the successful candidate will take responsibility for allocating work to the Maintenance Engineers, ensuring their time is spent effectively and efficiently. This will be a hands-on position, and it will be expected that the majority of time should be spent on the shop floor and not office based. However, as part of the role, the successful applicant will be expected to identify and source any required spares to ensure continued production within the factory.
You will have responsibility for all equipment whilst on shift, both in terms of systems updates/monitoring and also to support the Maintenance Engineers in fault finding during breakdowns. You will be the point of reference whilst on shift for Maintenance Engineers, the Asset and Reliability Engineer and all operational staff. You will be responsible for representing the department at any site meetings, and deputise for the Maintenance Manager in their absence. To proactively liaise will all site operational teams on a day to day basis and to ensure site and customer service objectives are met. Role model first class levels of Health and Safety at all times.
The factory operates two shifts, with shifts of 08:00 to 16:00 and 16:00 to 00.00, working 37.5 hours per week.
Core Tasks (include but not limited to):
- Prioritise and allocate work to Maintenance Engineers
- Work in conjunction with all Maintenance teams to deliver and develop equipment availability to ensure customer service objectives are maintained.
- Carry out routine review of equipment performance and feedback into the Maintenance teams.
- Manage cross shift improvement initiatives through effective programme management (Gantt charts, resource plans and project updates)
- Ensure all software and documentation is upto date and stored/archived correctly.
- Audit and report on workplace activity. This shall include assessing the effectiveness of both H&S documentation and equipment servicing regimes, capture and feedback this data through relevant KPI’s to both team members and Management.
- A knowledge of risk management and allocating workload to ensure down-time is kept to a minimum.
- A recognised maintenance trades qualification.
- Experience of PLC/PC controlled materials handling equipment or process control/production equipment.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings including PLC, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings.
- An understanding of legal compliance in a maintenance environment.
- Experience of supervising others, and ILM Qualification or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Good communication skills
If you feel this job opportunity is the right one for you please apply online. We will review your application as soon as possible and contact you if you are successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job