Our client is a world leader within the automotive manufacturing industry that design, develop and manufacture metal automotive components and is currently looking for a permanent Maintenance Supervisor to join their team in the Llanelli area!
Salary £30-33,000 + Overtime + Shift Allowance
Rotational shift pattern (mornings, afternoons & nights)
- Achieve Results Set High Standards
- Relationship Building
- Driving and Embracing Change
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organising
- Commercial Focus
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office packages, Maintenance Management Modules such as SAP, Captor or OEE Software monitoring)
- Health & Safety Awareness
Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience of fast paced, JIT, demanding work environment (high volume tier 1 automotive environment would be advantageous)
- To have worked in a supervisory capacity, managing a team of skilled trade employees (project managing shutdown/improvement activities)
- Press Experience
Behaviours important to the role:
- The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing environment
- A confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
- Results driven, with the enthusiasm and resilience to see a job well done through effective ownership
- Self motivated, have confidence in making decisions and have a proactive attitude
ONC/HNC in an Engineering Discipline
Recognised 4 year apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
Key Tasks / Responsibilities; Regular duties:
- To supervise, organise and co-ordinate all (Mechanical/Electrical) Maintenance personnel
- To continually assess ways of working in the maintenance areas to reduce accidents whilst promoting Health & Safety
- To organise work patterns, overtime, holiday coverage, etc. in line with Company requirements
- Provide systematic approach to problem solving and co-ordinate activities
- Attend and support actions from problem solving techniques, Production and daily management meetings
- Ensure training and development needs of department are fulfilled using skills matrix
- Available to support out of normal working hours, including OT coverage mid week and weekends per company needs.
- To plan and co-ordinate all repairs to plant and equipment, ensuring 100% compliance to schedule maintenance and actively progressing and completing resultantant defect work .
- To monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and provide information for Departmental reporting
- To maintain the maintenance management system including shift handovers, quality concerns, data analysis, weekend work planning, planned maintenance system, shutdown planning, engineering activities and housekeeping
- Liaise with purchasing to ensure adequate supply of spare parts
- Ensure major breakdown reports are complete
- Plan and co-ordinate shutdown activities
- Ensure the time & Attendance system is completed daily.
If you feel you are suitable for the above role, please submit your CV for immediate response.
Cordant people is an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Maintenance Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"