Location: Maldon, Essex
Job Title: Maintenance Specialist
Hours: Night Shift - 4on4off - 12hrs: 6am to 6pm
Responsible for effective and efficient activities in repairing all machinery to National Standards. These activities include Planned Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance, Equipment reliability as well as using the TPM Operating System for the maintenance department, Optimizing equipment reliability through a continuous improvement plan.
- First and foremost, it is the responsibility of the incumbent to perform any and all tasks in a safe manner, keeping in mind safety on the job at all times. It is expected that the incumbent will not only practice safety on the job, but will be responsible for the safety of others working in the manufacturing floor, warehouse as well a support areas.
- Needs to be able to read mechanical drawings and basic machining skills
- Has a good understanding of the Electricity at Work regulations, including all safety rules applying to electrical work ensuring that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- Will be responsible for the facility maintenance, ensuring optimum operation of all ancillary and peripheral systems in the plant and warehouse.
- Will be expected to use the CMMS program to provide optimum reliability to the operation of our manufacturing and ancillary systems.
- Can provide energy to the PM schedule to create a "best in class" environment.
- Assists the Maintenance manager to implement a TPM program as operating basis for the operation of the department.
- Would ensure that all documentation i.e. electrical/mechanical drawings, pneumatic drawings, hydraulic drawings etc are fully identified and updated regularly.
- Promote an environment of excellence in reliability engineering, predictive, and preventive maintenance as well as in each and every practice of the department.
- Communication - Presents ideas/facts clearly and concisely in oral and written formats. Listens well and asks the right questions.
- Checking and calibrating instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Carrying out quality inspections
- Responding immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Fixing faults or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Flexibility to ensure 24-hour cover is available
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Analysis of repetitive equipment failures
- Forecasting of spare parts
- Assessing and reporting near misses associated with maintenance of equipment.
- Must be mobile, ability to think on their feet, work all shifts and weekends, and travel occasionally.
Education / Work Experience
- ONC/HNC in Electrical and/or related field or City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering
- Inspection and Testing Qualification
- 3+ years of related experience in electrical or mechanical maintenance or project roles.
Due to the volume of applications if you have not heard from us within 7 days then please assume your application has not been successful.
Additional Keywords: Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Plastics, Maintenance, Maintenance Manager, Shift Work, Night Shifts, 4 on 4 off, HNC, KPI, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Multi-skilled Engineer, Technician,
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Maintenance Specialist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job