Marks Consulting Partners are currently looking for a Maintenance Services Manager to work with one of our Local Authority clients in London.
What the job will be doing
- Reporting to the Head of Asset Management (Housing), the post holder will be responsible for successfully managing all mechanical and electrical services activity including ROLEC (Replacement of Life Expired Components) capital schemes.
- Responsible for implementing the Asset Management Strategy and HRA Business Plan within the dedicated service area
- The post holder will effectively Client manage contractors and consultants if any applying robust controls in budget and performance monitoring within the dedicated service area
- To support the Service head in the delivery of the day to day demand lead repairs service.
- The post holder will be responsible for successfully managing the outsourced Responsive Repairs Service including; void reinstatement activity as well as internal and external Capital works aspects of the Asset Management. Responsible for implementing the Asset Management Strategy and HRA Business Plan.
- The post holder will effectively Client manage the outsourced Responsive Repair Contractor (as described) applying robust controls in budget and performance monitoring.
- To ensure that the repairs contract continues to deliver excellent services to the residents of who depend on it.
- The post holder will lead on negotiations with the Contractor to identify year on savings and ensure that residents and the Council receive excellent VfM in the delivery of the service.
- To successfully line manage a multidiscipline technical team.
- The post holder will chair monthly Contract Core meetings to monitor performance across a suite of KPI’s and budgetary targets. The post holder will challenge persistent and / or significantly poor performance in any aspect of the contract and will escalate issue through the formal contract monitoring process.
- The post holder will manage all risk associated with the responsive repairs and service contract operations and ensure that all statutory and industry requirements are properly adhered to (i.e. Landlord Gas Safety Certification).
- The post holder will take a strategic lead on the Responsive Repair response to the Asset Management Strategy and HRA Business Plan and motivate staff ensuring that the service is innovative and contributes to the borough’s vision.
- The post holder will work closely with partners both internal and external to deliver a first class service (i.e. Housing and Corporate Finance teams as well as Consultants and benchmarking agencies).
- To actively manage the annual budget in excess of £10m ensuring sound financial oversight and scrutiny.
- To be responsible for managing Contractors including: monitoring contractual payments and post work inspecting a proportion of the completed jobs before payment.
How to Apply
If you would like any further details about this position, please contact Liam at Marks Consulting Partners.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for something new, please contact us for a confidential discussion.
Marks Consulting Partners specialise in contract and permanent recruitment of technical property staff for the public sector including housing associations, local authorities, and related private sector companies. We do not advertise all of our vacancies so please give us a call and register with us to be notified of all suitable roles.
Repairs & Maintenance
- Property Management
- Social Housing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'