My Client is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Person in Ware.
Experience of a similar role within a Care home/ Hospital/School will be required.
To be responsible for the day to day maintenance and repair of the Home’s buildings, gardens and grounds.
To ensure the general appearance of the buildings and surrounding areas are maintained in accordance with the required standards.
To observe safe working practices in carrying out the required duties.
- Security – to ensure fire doors, locks, alarms etc. are maintained and are in good working order.
- Cleaning- to ensure disposal of refuse, occasional cleaning of equipment, paintwork and windows.
- To complete various daily, weekly, monthly and 6 monthly checks throughout the Home and complete the relevant paperwork once checks completed.
- To be aware of, and keep up to date, with works detailed in the Home’s Maintenance Schedule.
- General Maintenance – to carry out minor repairs and general maintenance, including, but not limited to, basis plumbing and decorating.
- Gardens – to ensure general maintenance of grounds, cut lawns, and maintain flower beds and hedges
- Maintaining stores – including checking and ordering of goods, equipment and tools
- Ensure that the heating of the building is in good working order
- General porterage duties
- Such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time and which are appropriate to a job within the competence of the employee
- To comply with all job related polices, regulations and rules including health and safety and welfare of the residents and colleagues
- To assist and support other care home staff at meal times.
- It is the individual and collective responsibility of every member of staff to ensure adherence to the company’s equal opportunities policies
- It is the responsibility of every member of staff to ensure compliance with health and safety at work legislation
- It is the responsibility of every member of staff to protect themselves and others against an infection risk. All staff regardless of whether clinical or not are expected to comply with current infection control policies and procedures and to report any problems with regard to this to the manager. All staff undertaking patient care activities should attend infection control training and updates as required by this organisation.
- Support the equality, diversity and rights of Residents, Carers and Colleagues.
- To ensure that attendance to both mandatory and required training courses are met in order that skills, knowledge and competency levels are maintained to carry out the role efficiently and effectively.
- It is the individual and collective responsibility of every member of staff to ensure adherence to the company’s equal opportunities policies. Racial, sexual or any other harassment or bullying as this will not be tolerated.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job