Our Client are looking for a Maintenance Operative to work at a luxury residential block based in South West London.
Working hours will be Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- You will be expected to work to a weekly schedule which will encompass the minor maintenance work of the development.
- Carry out communal lighting inspections of the building, and replace any defective bulbs.
- Carry out weekly fire alarm test, emergency lighting test, sprinkler system and fire alarm panel checks and to report any issues to the fire systems maintenance company.
- Ensure that all drains and gutters are completely clean and free of rubbish. Report any blockages which cannot be resolved without specialist machinery should be reported immediately to the managing agents.
- To ensure that the roof and its gutters and hoppers are free from rubbish.
- You will be required to undertake paint jobs.
- You will be required to change or adjust door closers, repair locks.
- You will be required to undertake a number of small repair and remedial works to the communal areas as and when required.
- You will be required to carry out planned project work as and when required.
- To assist both contractors and visitors with orientation around the estate. Supervising routine maintenance of all communal plant and machinery and ensuring that the maintenance contractors fulfil their contractual obligations in terms of frequency of visits, response times etc.
- Instructing contractors, where appropriate, to deal with problems such as non-functioning of plant and machinery and notifying the managing agents of any action as appropriate.
- To assist the other staff on site including Security Contract Guards and Cleaners, by acting as a permanent presence around the estate. You will be expected to report any breaches of security or suspicious occurrence to the onsite concierge immediately.
- Dealing with and recording all disputes between residents, staff, contractors, delivery personnel or any other visitors to the building, as well as any injuries, accidents or other incident affecting the building, residents, visitors or staff.
- To carry out any ad hoc duties as stipulated by the Estate Manager/ Managing Agents.
- Maintain adequate stocks of:
Electric light bulbs and tubes.
Plastic refuse sacks.
Batteries for torches and other equipment.
Cleaning materials etc.
Tools and machinery provided should be kept secure on site at all times.
Experience working in luxury residential apartments or 5* hotels would be desirable. The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.