Would you like to work with an internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity?
If so, then look no further. We are currently recruiting for a proactive and outgoing Maintenance Operative to join our team.
This is an excellent opportunity involving the maintenance of buildings and grounds at our Duxford location.
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential.
We have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Grounds and Building Maintenance
- Water Safety Testing
- Contractor Induction and Safety Checks
- Ensure Fire Equipment checks, Lift Servicing, Air Conditioning Servicing and Testing and Intruder Alarm Maintenance is carried out by the appropriate companies
- Fire Alarm Tests/ Fire Door Checks
- Monthly Emergency Lighting Tests
- PAT Testing
- Ensure the safe operation of all maintenance equipment
- Maintain a high level of service to the site
- Manage and control all maintenance stock
- Ensuring grounds are free from pot holes, loose paving stones, ice etc.
- Effectively support in dealing with emergencies on site
- Make yourself familiar with key areas of the building (e.g. electrical fuse boxes, boilers, generators, and how to power all utilities on and off
- Administration such as correct recording of tests carried out on paper and systems
Maintenance | Site Services | Construction | Volvo | Operative | Testing | Equipment | Inventory
- Be able to operate maintenance equipment in a safe manner
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, and proactively walk the building looking for maintenance issues which need addressing
- Ability to promote and maintain good working relationships with other staff
- Ability to manage inventory effectively and be reasonably numerate
- Reliable, honest, trustworthy and a good time keeper
- Cheerful, co-operative and flexible at all times
Company Bonus Scheme, Employee Discounts, Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Medical Cash Plan, On-site Medicals, 30 days holiday, rising to 35 days with service (including bank holidays).
We are a premium distributor and aftersales partner for Volvo Construction Equipment.
We create value by providing sustainable and integrated solutions for the heavy equipment and transport industries across Europe and Africa.
We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximise the benefits for all stakeholders.
We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed.
We are the partner of choice for our customers throughout the lifetime of their equipment.
- Site services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job