We need a maintenance operative with carpentry skills to join our maintenance team, looking after the structure of the hospital buildings at Cygnet Hospital Stevenage.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
-Repair or replace any wooden structures I.e door liners, skirting boards or architraves
– To assist the site manager in ensuring all monitoring is carried out in accordance to the hospitals policies and procedures.
– To assist in maintaining the external building fabric.
– To carry out all required PPM’s in accordance to cygnet policies.
– To identify defects or damage and promptly report to the line manager.
– To ensure the safe use of tools and chemicals and the correct storage.
– To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself, staff, service users and the general public.
– To assist with the maintaining of all M&E equipment, as set out in cygnet procedures.
– To assists with any emergencies that arise to include out of hours (Monday to Sunday).
– To cover on call, 1 in 5 weeks.(additional cover may be required)
– To ensure the safety of the premise, including the external perimeter.
– To carry out general Maintenance tasks as required.
– To carry out any other reasonable duties or responsibilities deemed necessary or appropriate in the interest of the companies needs
For which you will require a good knowledge of carpentry skills, of basic DIY tasks related to electrical fittings and plumbing, good Knowledge of general Health and safety requirements within the working environment and a current driving licence.
Cygnet Health Care offers an excellent benefits package which includes contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, childcare vouchers and paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave. In addition most hospitals offer subsidised meals and free car parking where available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job