Our client is looking for a Maintenance person to take responsibility for the maintenance of the building and equipment, maintain or arrange for statutory checks and P.A.T. testing as per regulatory requirements and following Health & Safety, Security and Fire Safety Guidelines including maintenance of the surrounding area and the grounds and upkeep of shrubs/plants through seasonal changes with full consultation and knowledge of the Manager. In addition you will be responsible for the minibus and all excursions in line with company policy.
- Read maintenance book each day on arrival and carry out urgent jobs immediately. Sign and date jobs as completed.
- To undertake repairs if within your competency otherwise arrange for these through the Company’s Estate Manager
- Check in conjunction with the Company’s nominated tester all electrical appliances at regular intervals
- Report accidents, injuries, dangerous occurrences, near misses, hazards and risks to your manager/person-in-charge whose responsibility it is to act upon such information to reduce the risk of accidents/incidents
- Clearance of the drive and surrounding areas of the building as required to ensure this remains clean and safe at all times
- Be available for any emergencies and outings that may have been arranged outside of normal working hours
- Keep timesheets with exact details of work carried out, location and materials used. Material orders must be approved my Management before a purchase
- Where shortfalls are identified through internal/external inspections, these must be rectified within required timelines
- Flexibility of working hours to suit the needs of the service, I.e. working at short notice when required, especially where strict timelines need to be achieved.
- Relevant Maintenance NVQ/City and Guilds or equivalent qualification
- Current full driving licence
- Experience of general maintenance to include painting, decorating, carpet cleaning and basic gardening
Knowledge and Skills:
- Competent use of power tools
- Knowledge of legislation and regulatory requirements in respect of Health & Safety, Security & Fire
- Knowledge of COSHH, manual handling, infection control and good hygiene
- Understanding of safeguarding people at risk
- Ability to listen, follow and understand instructions, attention to detail
- Ability to identify risks in their working environment and knowledge to minimise/manage risk
- Confident in the use of cleaning chemicals and equipment.
Qualities and Attributes:
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm in developing new skills
- Strives to reach the highest standards in customer care
- Communicates effectively
- Flexible and adaptable, drive and motivation even whilst working under pressure
- Self-motivated and works on own initiative, practical approach and adapting tasks to meet demands of the role
- Pride in their work with an interest to learn and succeed
- Dependable, team player, working with mutual respect
- A welcoming and approachable style, with ability to build positive relationship with residents and team members
- Understanding acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- An acceptance of working in a diverse community and being non-discriminatory in all aspects of the job activities
- Ability to identify risks and alert individuals/line-managers as necessary
- Conducts tasks in a structured and logical way, with ability to work to deadlines
- Able to structure own workload and multi-task factoring in for the unexpected
To apply for this position you must have the right to work in the UK on a long term, permanent basis and live within a 10 mile radius of the location. Egham Employment Agency and Egham Agency Temporary Services Limited are acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role and we regret that we can only respond to those applicants who most closely match the specified criteria.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job