Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Beacon House, Ipswich
£18,768 per annum (rising to £19,824 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Operative to join our team in Ipswich. In this role, you will be responsible for helping the Capital works team fitting Kitchen’s Bathrooms, UPVC doors & windows.
The role of Maintenance Operative will include -
- Assisting the capital works team by fitting kitchens, UPVC windows, doors and carrying out bathroom replacements
- General maintenance duties to include, fault fixing, repairing fascias and guttering works
- Monitoring supplies and collecting from merchants as required
- Ensuring tools and equipment are maintained in good workable condition
Skills and experiences –
- Experience within the building trade or a basic knowledge of the building trade
- A basic qualification in health and safety or knowledge at equivalent level
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising
- A company van and power tools will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, current driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and wellbeing plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 20 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job