MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE/HANDYPERSON -
CareTech are looking for a Maintenance Person to work in our team covering the Cambridgeshire and Nofolk areas
About the role and requirements
1. PHYSICAL HEALTH
• Must enjoy general good health
Education Qualifications and Experience
Sufficient understanding of English Language and grammar in order to communicate with others clearly and effectively.
• Computer literate.
• Full UK driving licence
• Forms to be completed and created where required
• Awareness of Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations.
3. GENERAL INTELLIGENCE:
• Ability to acquire knowledge through further training.
• Ability to communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to correctly interpret instructions given by others
• Ability and willingness to listen to others
• Ability to organise and maintain effective and essential record keeping.
4. SPECIAL APTITUDES:
• Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Methodical and organised approach to work.
Social/Artistic • To possess a range of D I Y skills to undertake minor repairs and maintenance of electrics, plumbing, carpentry, garden machinery to maintain a safe living and working environment.
• Safe use of ladders
• General garden upkeep.
Requirements for the role;
• Apprenticeship served with a minimum of City & Guilds in a building discipline;
• Fully trained to , general building, carpentry, plumbing, etc.;
• Fully trained to NVQ C&G TEC or equivalent in a building discipline;
• The ability to multi-task across Carpentry/Plumbing/Decorating building disciplines at a basis / Intermediate level;
• Good knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation;
• Able to work on own initiative;
• Able to communicate with a wide and varied client base at all levels;
• Prepared to travel throughout Cambridge, , Kings Lynn, , Norfolk, , Wisbech areas or as deemed necessary to complete the works;
• To be prepared to participate in 24 hour rostered on-call system (Ratio 1:4);
• Driving licence - Group A;
The post holder will be required to:-
• Drive a van with the appropriate full driving licence;
• Effectively use a keyboard and other IT related devices;
• Able to use a Sony XperiaSmartphone or similar smartphone;