Maintenance Operative (Temporary - Permanent)
Herne Bay and Canterbury
£9.00 Per Hour
Our client, a well-established housing association based in Thanet, is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Operative to join the team to cover the Herne Bay and Canterbury area to work on a temporary - permanent basis.
Working Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm, this role will be paying and hourly rate of £9.00 per hour.
As the successful maintenance operative you will assist in the maintenance and repair operation across all trades within the various properties, ensuring the highest quality service and standards possible.
Due to the location of the various properties between Herne Bay and Canterbury, it is essential that you have a full driving licence. A company van will be provided to you if needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- General Maintenance skills, such as decorating, carpentry, plumbing and plastering etc.
- Ensuring the safe operation, maintenance and repair of all equipment used, including compliance with all health & safety policies, procedures, and reports.
- Responding to all assigned work orders in a timely manner, including 'on call' maintenance requests as instructed.
- Must be on call during evenings, weekends, and bank holidays once every 4 weeks, as per rota.
- Maintaining all required records and documentation as required including weekly time sheets, work sheets amongst others.
- Assisting management in the development and application of preventative maintenance where required.
- Ensuring the maintenance, cleanliness, and appearance of all areas in a proactive manner.
- Performing final inspection of all maintenance related work and execution of all work orders as assigned.
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance and repair skills.
- Must hold a Full UK driving licence.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Basic computer skills required including a capable of using of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook,
- Experienced in site project Management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, members of the maintenance team, co-workers, and young people.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 17 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.