Maintenance Operative Template
Job Role: Maintenance Operative
Location: Southwark, London
Pay Rate: £11.50 per hour
Hours: Zero hours contract
As the maintenance operative, you will contribute to our vision of being the UK's favourite property manager, as recognised by others by:
- Demonstrating FirstPort values in all aspects of your work and communication, to develop strong relationships and enhance work quality.
- Ensuring the site is well maintained providing a clean and secure environment for residents and guests at all times.
- Supporting the Development Manager to keep health and safety standards to a maximum.
This role reports to the Development Manager and works in a team of up to 20 colleagues.
FirstPort is the largest and most experienced residential property manager in the UK, employing more than 3,000 colleagues dedicated to looking after peoples' home.
Great property management is about more than just bricks and mortar. We recognise and value the contribution our people make to our business and we are committed to ensuring they are skilled and equipped to do the best job they can and that they have the opportunity to realise their full potential.
Our Values set out the commitments we have made to deliver excellent service and they inform the relationships that we have with customers and clients. They shape our culture and are used in measuring and rewarding performance.
- Provide general maintenance support to the Development.
- Liaise with and provide access to authorised contractors and tradesmen, notifying theDevelopment Manager of start / completion of work accordingly.
- Report defects / incidents (either observed or reported) and take the corrective action after consultation with the Development Manager.
- Carry out monthly emergency light system checks by consistent and regular testing and ensure monthly fire alarm checks are undertaken with Development Manager.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance / lighting issues.
- Undertake any routine general repairs / refit door locks.
- Ensure all tools are maintained and kept securely, only used by authorised personnel.
- Pressure wash / clean bin stores on a weekly basis and ensure all footpaths and communal areas are kept clean and swept.
- Carry out any touch up paint work in communal areas within the buildings, as and when required.
- Carry out regular checks and maintenance of terrace areas, including watering plants.
Skills and Experience
Must have a valid / clean UK driving licence
Minimum of two years' experience in a maintenance operative position
Good experience of electrical and plumbing practices, an electrical related qualification would be an advantage
Understanding of Health and Safety regulations including COSHH and safe use of ladders
Confidence with the use of power tools and working at heights training would be an advantage
Confident, polite and courteous communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
Exceptional customer service experience, with the ability to work multi-task, prioritise and manage various task simultaneously
Friendly - We look out for people's best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'