Do you have maintenance experience and are able to commit to full time hours?
Are you able to work in
If yes, we have just the job for you…..
We are seeking a Maintenance Operative to work on a full time, permanent basis for a luxury student accommodation provider. You will be responsible for completing general maintenance checks and tasks in a vibrant and modern building.
The accommodation block is made up of individual studios, so it is essential that you have a variety of skills to manage the demands of the building.
The working hours are Monday to Friday - 9am - 5:30pm
- To maintain a clean site and be responsible for reactive maintenance repairs ie plumbing or heating issues
- Use the Maintenance Reporting System to ensure everything is logged and updated
- To keep a log of reported defects and remedial actions undertaken and escalate requests for external contractors to attend to repairs
- Carry out regular testing of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems
- To ensure the security of the properties, including fitting new locks and fixing/adjusting doors and windows.
- Maintain service schedules throughout the building
- Carry out Portable Appliance Testing
- Ensure that health and safety procedures are understood and followed
- Monitor the building plant room and escalate issues where necessary
- Ad hoc maintenance works as and when required
For this position we are seeking the following:
- Proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
- The ability to multi task and think on your feet
- Experience of working in a similar role (qualifications desirable but not essential)
- Reliable and the able to work to deadlines
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Handy Person