Oakleaf are currently looking for a Maintenance Site Manager to cover our service based in Birmingham B18. Will be responsible for managing a small team of maintenance staff and reporting back to the head of estates and registered manager.
Our service specialise in supporting individuals with learning disabilities, mental health conditions and complex needs. The role is to make sure the flats and surrounding areas are maintained to a high standard.
Main function of the job:-
To undertake maintenance, building works and decoration in accordance with best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements and government regulations under the direction of the line manager. This position includes a number of responsibilities supporting management through premises audits, contribution to improving the physical layout of the service, training and mentoring other estates staff and ensuring the estate is pleasant and welcoming to service users, relatives, professionals and staff.
Main duties of the role:-
- Undertake all routine maintenance tasks and minor general repair work as requested by Estates Manager and/or Registered Manager.
- To check the maintenance request book for tasks to be completed.
- Set priorities of maintenance tasks with the Estates Manager and/or Registered Manager and review regularly.
- On a weekly basis undertake tasks like the fire alarm test and routine check of the fire doors security doors, and window restrictors.
- To take delegated responsibility for emergency lighting checks and fire alarm tests.
- On a monthly basis undertake delegated responsibilities for the visual check of the fire fighting apparatus e.g. extinguishers and hydrants.
- Checking of water temperatures of sinks, showers and baths on a monthly basis.
- Keeping accurate records and providing a report to the Estates Manager and/or Registered Manager on a weekly basis.
- Cleaning shower heads and waste traps.
- In the boiler room: checking water hardness, check water temperatures within the boiler room, keeping accurate records and informing the Estates Manager and/or Home Manager on a weekly basis. Keep the water softener topped up with salt (if applicable).
- Fit shelves and picture hooks in resident’s rooms as requested.
- Assist staff with moving furniture as requested.
- Purchase and collection of consumables and control of maintenance stock.
- Ensure a supply of matched paint and undertake running repairs of scuffed paintwork and undertake re-painting of larger surfaces on request.
- Change light bulbs and clean light shades or fittings as required.
- Ensure that the grounds and car park are free from litter. Ensure bin areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Report to the Estates Manager and/or Registered Manger if a particular job falls outside the training/skill of the post holder.
- Liaise with trades and contractors working in the service, on advice from the Estates Manager and/or Registered Manager.
• Experience in building trades (electrical, carpentry, plumbing)
• Able to work autonomously without supervision
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good problem solving skills and able to manage multiple competing priorities
Flexible working methods
• Ability to maintain accurate, detailed records and provide proof of tasks
• Ability to manage a team and lead by example
Ability to communicate with and manage external contractors
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'