We at Cogent Staffing are proud to be a recruitment partner to a premium manufacturer and distributor of meat and food products for Europe. My client has an exciting new opening Manufacturing Manager at their manufacturing site in Huddersfield.
- Are you looking to work with an innovative and inspiring company that values each member of staff equally?
- Do you have extensive experience within planned maintenance and implementation of best practice / 5S?
- Can you demonstrate man-management skills?
JOB PURPOSE/PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:
Responsible for the performance of the maintenance function on-site as measured by core metrics of safety, performance & people management.
- Implementation of Maintenance System to best practice standard, including 24/7 cover management
- Leadership and development of Maintenance team in conjunction with Site Manager and HR Manager
- Recruitment, Succession Planning and Skills development of the maintenance team.
- Management of the maintenance budget spend on labour and materials.
- Implementation of Maintenance guiding principle by ensuring that "Equipment is always maintained to manufacturers delivered quality".
- Liaise with Ops team to ensure factory lay out and maintenance practices meet 5S standards to protect machinery from damage.
- Use the total resources of the Site team to deliver a combined improvement in results.
- Manage quality and safety of outside contractors while on site.
- Liaise with Group Project Function on capital projects and ensure Maintenance requirements are tabled
- Maintain three year rolling capital plan in conjunction with Group Projects Function.
- Implement Continuous Improvement process in Maintenance function..
The person will come from a fast-paced logistics background, preferably either having working in manufacturing or within freight forwarding / logistics industries.
The successful candidate will be paid depending on experience but will be expected to earn around the £45,000 plus company benefits.
For more information on this position, please contact David Barraclough at Cogent Staffing. Cogent Staffing are acting as an employment business / agency and have been requested to check all suitable candidate’s eligibility to work in the UK.
Cogent Staffing Limited receive very large response to advertisements and it is not possible to answer each applicant individually. If you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Continuous Improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"