Are you a Mechanical Engineer or Maintenance Engineer, with management experience looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Manager for our team in St Helens, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Manager, we can offer a salary of £32,000 - £40,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Maintenance Manager:
- In depth understanding of a strategic approach to engineering and maintenance
- Understands how lean concepts fit within the production and maintenance environment
- Good understanding of engineering best practice
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations. (PUWER, LOLER, Working at height etc)
- Completed apprenticeship (NVQ level 3) in an appropriate engineering skill or possession of a HNC / HND in a relevant discipline
- Demonstration of relevant management experience
- Previous experience working within a process, production or manufacturing environment
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities include:
- Delivery of the site maintenance strategy.
- Working in partnership with the production team, the Maintenance Manager will coordinate all activities and optimise plant availability, performance and quality.
- ensure that all Planned Maintenance inspections as defined by the site maintenance plans are completed safely, effectively and within budget.
- Prioritise and plan all maintenance work, ensuring that tools, parts and materials are available and production downtime is minimised whilst also upholding and exceeding standards of safety.
- Plan and deliver multiyear maintenance plans and capital expenditure projects.
- Ensure that all modifications or changes to equipment are in line with PUWER machinery safety regulations.
- Continuously evaluate equipment reliability leading to Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies and the planning and implementation of subsequent improvement activity.
- Provide engineering expertise to the Plant Manager and production teams as well as provide information and recommendations to assist and influence decision making.
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY! You will be redirected to the company website to register and complete your application for the role of Maintenance Manager.
Closing Date: 16th April 2018