£40,000 to £50,000 per annum
Our client is based in Tiptree, Essex and was established in 1958. They offer a dedicated DIY and Shelving service supplying a range of Melamine and Veneered panels. Furniture components are manufactured on their state of the art machinery which occupies several well-constructed factories on their sixteen acre site.
They are now recruiting a Maintenance Manager to join their team and work with them to ensure their range of high performance machines are manufacturing at optimum levels.
As their Maintenance Manager, you will ensure pro-active maintenance of all machinery on site, reducing downtime and increasing production output.
You will be expected to:
- Analysis, optimization and design of machines and machine processes. (Including Boilers, Hogger and Air Extraction system)
- Cost effectively plan, implement, manage and take responsibility for the responsive and planned maintenance of machinery.
- Carrying out inspections of the facilities to identify, prevent and resolve any issues.
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
- Ensure all maintenance logs are kept in line with Health and Safety Requirements.
- Manage contractors and suppliers.
- Maintain a current and relevant spares inventory.
- Maintain the various stock levels and ensure that stock levels are not above or below the pre-agreed limits and keep Accounts informed.
- Manage periodic safety inspection of all tools and safety equipment, maintaining records and where required, replace defective items.
- General awareness and involvement of site housekeeping.
- Check faults are recorded/reported and respond immediately to equipment breakdown.
- Ensure that all engineering challenges which result in downtime are fully analysed and action within agreed timescales in terms of repair, root cause analysis and re-design as and when necessary.
- Assist in developing a training program for all machine operators on general machine maintenance.
- Documentation of work and results – providing Operations Manager and Managing Directors with regular reports.
- Review energy management and investigate ways to improve energy usage
- Ensure that all work permits and risk assessments are in place prior to conducting any work requiring these.
- Rota Management - manage and maintain a balanced team to cover the workload and ensure there is adequate cover for 24/7 operations.
- Plan, direct and control the efforts of the Maintenance Team.
- Responsible for all aspects of the day to day people management within the Maintenance team including coaching, mentoring, change management, recruitment, performance management, absence and discipline.
Working hours will be Monday to Friday, 07:30 am to 17:00 pm, and flexibility with working hours is essential as machine repairs might have to be completed out of hours.
To be considered for their Maintenance Manager role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Creation and revision of wiring diagrams e.g. EPLAN
- Well-grounded knowledge MS office, especially Excel
- Mig and/or Tig Welding Certificate
- 2382 – 12 17th Edition Wiring Regulation
- PLC Fault-finding
- Fanuc or Siemens Controls Qualification and experience
- IOSH or NEBOSH Qualified
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of implementing processes and procedures
- Previous experience of implementing a full maintenance programme for a manufacturer
- Very strong organisational and project management skills
- Proven ability to lead a team and build internal processes.
- Proven track record of systems and process implementation
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a highly-organised approach
- Extremely driven and goal orientated
- Heavy duty resilience that will ensure objectives are delivered and the incumbent will be successful in this role for the long haul.
- The ability to inspire employees to achieve company objectives and goals for own department
- Ability to challenge methods of work and make swift changes where necessary
- Ability to produce and review detailed numerical an statistical analysis on line and overall plant performance
- Focus on improving direct and indirect subordinates through training
25 Days annual leave (Increasing with service), Pension Scheme, Bupa Medical Insurance
If you feel you have the skills for their Maintenance Manager role, please apply now!
Maintenance Manager,Mechanical Engineer,Maintenance Supervisor
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job