Your new company
Our client is a leading higher education establishment based in the heart of London. It comprises of over twelve Colleges and eight research institutes that make up the university.
Your new role
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for coordinating all elements of the Long Term Maintenance plan, for which the Head of Infrastructure (HOI) has overall ownership. The LTM plan consists of a rolling 5 year programme of infrastructure replacement as agreed with the Director of Property & Facilities (DPAF) as part of the university's overall Investment Plan to support ongoing business operations and meet legislative requirements.
The postholder will process information from a number of sources and assist in the creation of a realistic and
affordable plan of work within the overall programme, which is approved annually by DPAF (around Easter
time) for the following academic year. The postholder will also manage the implementation of a number of
discrete projects and oversee the coordination of the whole plan, reporting on progress and identifying any
issues requiring further management attention.
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated in an Engineering discipline to HNC level. (Preferably electrically biased)
- Experience of working in a HE building refurbishment environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of the application of H&S management principles.
- Excellent knowledge of how to organise, store and present information efficiently.
- Experience of managing LTM programmes.
- Diplomacy and the ability to establish good working relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Proven property related experience.
- Experience of working to formal procedures to achieve specific outcomes.
- Previous experience in Higher Education and/or a client organisation.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary up to £60,410 per annum.
- Annual Leave is 30 days, plus 8 statutory and 4 additional days during the Christmas holiday period.
- You will be automatically entered into the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) with the option to opt out.
- Opportunity to work across a diverse property portfolio
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.