- Maintenance Strategy Adherence
- Budget and Cost Allocation Control
- Man Management and Reporting
- Sub Contract Service Structure and Control
- Total Preventive Maintenance
- Spares Management
- Monthly KPI Reporting
- Training and Development
- Projects and Improvements
- To supervise the maintenance team efficiently controlling day to day activities, PM schedules and assisting the Engineering Manager.
- Operation and further development of the Preventative Maintenance program across a wide range of machines and factory services such as compressors, hydraulic power equipment, pneumatically controlled and logic based machine tools.
- Respond to machine breakdowns and establish an action plan to quickly return machine to production in a safe condition.
- Specification and maintenance of strategic spares for the key machines.
- Identify improvements to machinery and implement changes with minimal effect to production schedules.
- Report monthly KPI's relating to Department performance
- Continued compliance of the maintenance database with the requirements of ISO9001
- Maintain compliance with the requirements of ISO14001 and 18001 safety and environmental standards using PUWER, Standard Operating Procedure and Risk Assessment methodology
- Maintain the Building and services in accordance with the site and PM schedule.
- Maintain and improve safety and 5s standards throughout the department.
- Contribute to and implement engineering project work in line with the company improvement program.
- To fabricate equipment or manufacture/maintain structures for reliability and safety.
- To install electrical services or design and build electrical control panels in line with the 17th edition regulations.
- Induct and control contractors and control company documentation for on-site to work within safe working practices.
- Mentor and lead younger members of the maintenance team.
- Run the day to day activities within the maintenance department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability's
- Develop all aspects of the Maintenance function to include a comprehensive program for the ongoing maintenance of the factory equipment, fabric and services, ensuring PMs are complete on time and records kept.
- Participate in the development of projects specified by Chesterfield Special Cylinders management
- Support the actions as required on the Preventive Maintenance schedule, site and services and ISO 14001 schedules or any other reasonable requests
- Work with the Engineering personnel and the Engineering Manager for the introduction of new machinery and the modifications to layout in order to provide the necessary infrastructure and services
- Ensure all modification to processes and equipment is in line with Engineering Change Control system
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the PC data system as it applies to the maintenance function and wider departments
- Understands what good looks like for Maintenance and TPM
- A sound education to HNC (or apprentice trained) in an electrical/mechanical environment.
- Previous experience in a machine tool environment maintaining a variety of equipment.
- Skilled fault finder on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- Flexible, motivated and a good communicator
- Computer literate - including essential use of 'Windows' based systems
- An organised problem solver. Hands on approach. Able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Fully conversant with the relevant H & S legislation
- Operates cover or call out as required to ensure operational support.
- Supervision experience over a small Maintenance team.
- Maintenance Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job