We are actively recruiting a 'Mechanical Fitter' to join a market leading glass manufacturer.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a mechanical/maintenance background to join a fast-moving manufacturing environment.
The main purpose of the role is to effectively and efficiently set up IS machines and other essential equipment and ensure the overall maintenance and repair of all equipment in the 'Hot End' area including any new technologies.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Experience with mechanical engineering, maintenance and/or repair
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment and dealing with engineering and operations teams
- Candidates should have a proven track record with practical experience of machine setting, maintenance and/or repair.
- Candidates should be qualified to at least NVQ level 2 in a mechanical engineering discipline. (Preferred)
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a good understanding of machinery and automation
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a good level of computer skills and have experience working with different windows operating systems (windows 2005, XP, 7 and 10)
- Basic understanding of computer networking and ability to locate files and applications desirable.
- Basic Electrical knowledge (Desirable). Candidates must be able to demonstrate appropriate technical knowledge, skills and experience to prove electrical competency.
- Light fabrication experience beneficial
- Candidates should have experience of working in a manufacturing environment and dealing with engineering and operations teams
- Flexibility and a good team worker
- Able to work independently or on own initiative
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good eye for detail, ability to spot variations in setup between identical machines
What's in it for you
Work with a market leader, offering a competitive salary and benefits.
Make your impact, join us in influencing the industry, advancing standards and sustainability; your decisions can change the way we work and how we improve.
Full training, with a huge focus on making a quality product we offer training to all new employee's, this can lead to future opportunities and chances to grow while you learn.
The role is working day shifts: Mon-Thurs 06:00-14:45 Fri 06:00-14:15
- Mechanical Fitter
- Maintenance Fitter
- Mechanical Technician
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'