Our Client is the world's largest producer of bricks and No.1 on the clay roof tiles market in Europe with 204 plants in 30 countries , they been manufacturing quality clay building products since 1819 when they opened their first factory in Vienna, Austria. Their presence in the UK is currently larger than at any point in their 200 year history, employing c 1200 people across Head Office, 4 showrooms, 13 manufacturing sites and 6 distribution centers throughout the UK. They manufacture in excess of 400 products including bricks, blocks, roof tiles and pavers for the home building and renovation markets.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Maintenance Fitter at the Ewhurst factory in Ewhurst, Surrey.
About The Role:
Working as part of the maintenance team to ensure that all plant, equipment and machinery on site are operating efficiently with the minimum amount of downtime and they are kept in a safe and good mechanical working order. Ensure safe working at all times with a right first time every time by everyone attitude to produce a cost effective, quality product whilst adhering to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out the necessary maintenance operations to all plant equipment and machinery in line with Company requirements.
- Carry out all planned preventative maintenance as requested.
- Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good working and clean condition.
- Assist with the installation of new plant equipment.
- Maintain and monitor the machines and equipment to enable them to achieve their budgeted outputs at the required quality levels.
- Ensure that all machine guards are fitted correctly in accordance with H&S requirements.
- Report any problems regarding equipment and machinery immediately to the Maintenance manager and Team Leader on shift.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with colleagues.
- Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve your efficiency.
- Perform other duties as required by your line manager.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified from a recognised Mechanical Apprenticeship and experience in a similar role is essential.
- Sound knowledge & experience of fault finding and repairs - Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Competent Welding and Fabrication Skills.
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawings.
- Good working knowledge of EHS systems.
- Flexible and positive work ethic.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
If you feel this role fits your skills set and experience please apply today.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Thank you for your application.
- Fault Finding
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job