Job Title: Engineering Maintenance Fitter
Location: Fraserburgh, Scotland
Salary: Dependent on Skills and Experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a family run fish seafood firm based in Fraserburgh which has been established for almost 50 years. Fresh, frozen, smoked and breaded fish and shellfish are produced on site by their 160 operatives ready for distribution across the continent.
To support the swift production, they have a skilled Maintenance team which they are looking to add to. Their team look after the many conveyor belts, motors, ice machines, delivery systems and other plant and machinery on site.
Purpose of the Role:
To maintain all manufacturing plant, equipment and facilities in good working order. Installing, maintaining and repairing systems as required improving equipment reliability.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner
- Assemble, install, reposition and test machinery and equipment as required
- Carry out planned preventative inspection & maintenance. Document as per schedule
- Plan / prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time
- Respond to maintenance requests for equipment faults
- Diagnose fault, repair and then return equipment to operational service. All work to be carried out operating in a safe and efficient manner
- Monitor and review information from materials, events or the environment to detects or asses problems
- Operate maintenance Fork Lift Truck and Elevated Working Platform as required
- Working from ladders, scaffolds and roofs as required
- Assist/supervise visiting specialist engineers when necessary
- Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to management
- Maintain and raise and ensure the Health & Safety standards on plant, equipment and facilities
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
- Ensure staff in area are aware of dangers, isolating and locking off and equipment when appropriate
- Ensure new and existing equipment and plant meet British health and safety standards
- Construction, adaption and fabrication as required
- Maintain appropriate records, files, schedules and prepare reports as required
Hours are a minimum of 40 per week Monday to Friday. Saturdays worked are currently every second. Candidates should be flexible are shift work is being considered.
Skills and Experience:
- Time service
- Mechanical or Maintenance Apprenticeship qualification
- Maintenance experience in a food factory
- Knowledge of food safety in the factory environment
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Service Technician, Welder, Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Fitter, Fabricator, Electrical Engineer, Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Technician, Service Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Installation Engineer, Repairs Engineer may also be considered for this role.
- Electrical Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Field Service Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Service Technician
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Installation Engineer
- Repairs Engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'