Due to expansion of our team, we are looking for Maintenance Engineers to help support the upkeep of our hotels and other locations within the Travelodge estate. Working on a full-time permanent basis, you’ll need to be able to commute to Central London and in return you’ll receive a competitive salary of £24,000 - £29,000 per annum + benefits
- Performance-related annual bonus
- 50% discount on Travelodge rooms
- 4% contributory pension
- Company Phone/PDA
- Opportunities for further training and development
This is a field-based role which involves visiting different locations within a geographical area and carrying out a variety of maintenance related tasks. You will interact with our colleagues in hotels, working with them to ensure you work in the most efficient manner.
As our Maintenance Engineer you will work 40 hours per week, you will be required to work any 5 out of 7 days and we aim to provide you with a rota 3 weeks in advance. Saturdays will likely form part of your working week.
Normal weekly working hours are typically 8.5 hours between the hours of 08.30 and 21:00 with an unpaid 30 min break.
As our Maintenance Engineer you will:
- Complete reactive and planned maintenance jobs within hotels across areas assigned.
- Complete emergency Health and Safety jobs within hotels across areas assigned.
- Develop strong working relationships with the hotel operations teams ensuring that the customer is the key focus.
- Comply with the requirements of Health and Safety, other relevant legislation and Travelodge policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used as required.
- Ensure that all jobs allocated are consistently completed to a satisfactory finish in accordance with agreed standards.
- Responsible for returning rooms to sale as quickly and efficiently as possible in a safe manner.
- Manage stock to agreed levels and ensure that you have parts available to complete jobs as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Work from your work phone to complete assigned jobs
What will you need to become one of ourMaintenance Engineers?
- Experience or an ability to complete a variety of hotel maintenance jobs.
- Able to use basic technology and systems to close jobs and respond to stakeholders
- High levels of attention to detail
- Drive and the determination to continuously improve
- Always has the customer in mind and is an ambassador for the Travelodge brand.
- Good communication skills with internal colleagues and third parties.
- Able to deliver targets and complete assigned tasks
- Holds UK driving licence and confident to drive a van
- City And Guilds / NVQ 2 or equivalent in Plumbing / Carpentry / Painting / Plastering / Air-Con (desired)
- Trade qualifications preferable but not essential
Please only apply if you have a multiskilled background and experience within a maintenance environment or property maintenance.
If you think you have what it takes to become one of our Maintenance Engineers, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'