Our client is an award-winning, innovative and rapidly expanding business just south of Leeds city centre. They are an exciting and growing business: they encourage innovation and are proud of their quality. They are now looking to expand their maintenance team with a number of experienced Maintenance Engineers for both continental and night shifts.
As maintenance engineer you will have the following responsibilities and carry out the below duties.
- To work part of a team to ensure the smooth running and operation of the machines within the production department
- Maintain all production machines
- Continuous improvement project/task work.
- Ensuring operational optimum by providing a quick response to all service users
- Liaising with setters and operators to ensure smooth running of the machines
- To maintain existing equipment, through reactive and planned maintenance.
- Support material changes.
- Fault finding and carrying out repairs during breakdowns.
- Assist with modifications of current machinery.
- Assist with new installations of machinery.
- Accurate record keeping and timely completion of paperwork for quality documentation in line with ISO9001
- Working to 5S plan
- Assist with running machines where needed
- Liaise with Team leaders through handovers before and after every shift
- Responsible for all engineering issues
- Ensure all machinery is fitted with safety equipment to meet H&S requirements.
- Responsible for keeping the efficiency of the machine up time.
- Work alongside (reporting function) the development team on new innovative machinery and developments.
- City & Guilds trained/qualified engineer
- Experienced in pneumatics, use of compressed air, cutting machines and fabrication.
- Lathe & Milling advantageous
- Manual handling.
Excellent rates of pay - £13.94 ph plus £56.16 per week shift allowance for nights
£13.94 ph plus £3.21 ph shift allowance for continental
Hours - Continental shift 2 days 6am - 6pm, 2 nights 6pm - 6am
Hours - Nights Mon - Thurs 10pm - 6am, Fri *pm - 3am
Cycle to work scheme
Headway Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Headway Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to a policy of diversity, equality and inclusion.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'