Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: £Negotiable Salary DOE plus Benefits
Are you an ex-military engineer and looking for a new challenge? Do you have the transferable skills to work on the maintenance and repair of machinery in a manufacturing environment? Our client is now recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer at their site in Southampton, Hampshire.
£NEGOTIABLE SALARY DOE, 21 DAYS HOLIDAY PLUS 8 STATS RISING WITH LENGTH OF SERVICE UP TO A MAXIMUM OF 24, COMPANY PENSION SCHEME, ONSITE PARKING, TOOLS PROVIDED
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of machinery including gearboxes, compressors, hydraulics, air controls and heavy machinery.
- Carry out both planned maintenance and reactive maintenance tasks.
- Attend breakdowns and carry out work in a timely and efficient manner to ensure minimum downtime.
- Ensure the routine maintenance schedules from the manager are carried out.
- Diagnosing faults, repair of equipment as well as the implementation of new plant equipment.
Maintenance Engineer Requirements:
- You must have a strong Mechanical Engineering background with a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Electrical skills/knowledge ae required but must have a mechanical bias.
- Flexible with regards to learning new machinery.
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Maintenance Engineer Benefits:
- £Negotiable Salary DOE.
- Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4pm.
- 21 days plus 8 stats rising with length of service.
- Company Pension.
- Onsite Parking.
- Uniform, PPE and tools.
NOTE - Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy (Marine Engineer), Army (REME Vehicle Mechanic) or RAF Mechanical Engineering backgrounds.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'