My Client A manufacturer of plastic products by rotational moulding and extrusion, operating in the commercial vehicle, fire a safety and environmental protection markets is looking to recruit a maintenance Engineer / Fitter
The successful candidates will Fault find and carry out repairs on PLC driven industrial control panels (automation, relays, contactors, AC drives, sensors), single & three phase motors, gearboxes, hydraulics and pneumatics. The role will also require the ability to carry out fabrication of or repairs to structures and frameworks within a dynamic production environment.
* Fault diagnosis, maintenance and repair of a range of old and new electrical and mechanical plant and equipment
* Ensuring all downtime is kept to a minimum by carrying out both reactive and preventative maintenance activities
* Keeping records of all maintenance activities
* Fabricating / repairing parts for machinery / factory structures (basic sheet metal / welding sectional steel)
* Occasional tooling changes
* Testing of fire pumps and other safety equipment
* Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe manner and that HS&E standards are adhered to at all times
* To report directly to the Factory Manager with regard to repairs / maintenance
* To advise on any technical issues
* To regularly report any tool / consumable requirements
* To report any and all defects found while carrying out day to day activities
* To liaise with the Factory Manager with regard to plant improvements
* To liaise with Process Engineering with regard to their activities and projects
* To liaise with the Production Department in relation to planned maintenance and breakdown status
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Time served electrical / mechanical engineer (HNC / NQV level 3)
* Experience working in a dynamic manufacturing environment
* Experience of automated systems (PLC)
* Electrical fault finding
* General fabrication
* English written and verbal
* Maths working knowledge
* Computer Literate i.e. excel, word,
This is a full time permanent position working Monday to Friday.
Salary negotiable dependant on experience.
Clayton Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'