Temp to Perm
£22,000 - £24,000 per annum
As Maintenance Engineer, you'll service and repair various types of assembly and production equipment. You may work on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic or computerised systems.
- Follow the standard Company maintenance procedures in accordance with Company and Health & Safety Policies
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance.
- Diagnose faults and repair equipment and fit new parts, as appropriate
- Obtain specialist components, fixtures or fittings.
- Organise routine servicing schedules and check instruments to make sure they are accurate
- Respond immediately to machinery breakdowns, fault find, fix faults and replace parts according to schedule or arrange for replacements to be installed, where necessary
- Keep Production Managers and relevant staff informed of progress.
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Good practical and technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and being able to converse with a wide range of people
- An understanding of engineering drawings and principles.
- The ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and manage a varied workload
- Good problem-solving skills.
- The initiative to work on your own and as part of a team.
- An awareness of health and safety legislation.