Job Title: - Maintenance Engineer
Reporting to: - Maintenance Supervisor
Direct reports: - none
Overall Purpose of the role
Electrically biased multi-skilled shift Engineer with good mechanical ability and experience gained within a manufacturing environment. Must be flexible and able to work across craft disciplines with a range of electro-mechanical skills. The role requires a reliable and self-motivated individual with the ability to work without supervision and to take effective maintenance decisions to minimise down time.
Hands on role can be requested to provide emergency breakdown cover (during and outside normal working hours)
Normal shift requirement to work a 3-shift pattern to meet manufacturing needs
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Hands on role responsible for the maintenance of all plant, machinery and ancillary equipment of the groups manufacturing sites.
- The job holder will assist the Plant Engineering Manager with the move forward from the existing reactive maintenance culture to one of a proactive planned maintenance function.
- The jobholder will respond quickly and effectively to breakdown situations, working on own initiative and making competent decisions to achieve necessary repairs to minimise downtime. This will involve call out duties, as and when required to cover a 24-hour continuous process.
- The jobholder will work flexibly, undertaking mechanical and electrical diagnosis and repair to plant and machinery as necessary.
- Responsibilities will include the maintenance of all factory services including fire/security systems, maintaining factory/office heating system.
- Maintenance of site extrusion machinery, process ovens and moulding machines.
- The jobholder will become actively involved in a continuous improvement process to create and influence a lasting cultural change within a traditional manufacturing environment.
- Maintain tools and dies to close working tolerances.
- The jobholder will be involved in process plant, installation and industrialization projects with a view to modifying equipment at the design stage to suit manufacturing processes.
- Light fabrication and modification of existing plant equipment if necessary.
- An element of travel may be required to support our plants in Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Involvement with the implementation of all health and safety regulations within the factory.
- Work within a maintenance budget/cost control.
- Responsibility for ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Meeting objectives
- Identifying problems
- Promoting solutions
- Implementing change
- Effective communication skills
- Pro-active approach
- New process training skills ONC Electrical/Electronics
- Understanding or working knowledge of software control systems
- Health & Safety Regulations
- Fault finding and installation of a wide variety of process control equipment including AC/DC drives, servo and stepper motor controllers.
- PLC’s and PLC based control systems (ideally Siemens S7).
- Temperature and thyristor control gear.
- Process analytical controllers.
- Factory power distribution.
- Diagnose and fit a wide variety of mechanical devices.
- Mig and Arc welding, general fabrication, gas cut and silver solder.
- Milling, turning and general machining.
- Compressors / compressed air systems.
- Pipe fitting.
- Chillers and chilled water systems.
- Pneumatically controlled machinery
- Some working knowledge of basic PLC fault diagnosis and rectification (Siemens S4 onwards)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'