Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical Based)
- Day shift based
- Flexibility to work overtime when required
- Provide call out cover and work a different shifts on short term basis (notice will be given)
Worktop Fabrications limited is a manufacturing company in the woodworking industry, producing high quality kitchen, bedroom and bathroom work surfaces. To keep our plants producing over 20,000 worktops each week, we are looking to expand the maintenance team to improve product quality whilst aiming for 100% machine availability.The engineers duties will include (but not limited to);
- Day to day maintenance of saws, spindles, glue spreading equipment, hydraulic presses, postforming and edgebanding equipment, dust extraction and compressors .
- You will carry out planned and preventative maintenance checks including mechanical, electrical and calibration, react to production breakdowns and also undertake regular machinery inspections.
- You will be proactive and understand the financial implications of keeping the production lines moving and keeping breakdowns to an absolute minimum.
- You will complete maintenance and engineering checklists to high levels.
- You will look at areas of improvement, playing an active part in project work and installation of new equipment with company growth.
- You will strive to improve production, quality and safety, working in a safe and appropriate manner at all times.
This is a small team and a varied role in which to succeed you will require a very broad skill set.
- A Mechanical engineer ideally from an FMCG background with 5yrs post qualification experience.
- Qualified mechanical engineering to a minimum of ONC / BTEC level 3 or equivalent.
- Sound Electrical knowledge, ideally hold 17th edition wiring regulations.
- A strong knowledge and experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Good experience of mechanical power transmission systems.
- Sound knowledge of 3phase motors and inverters, control systems and instrumentation. Have ability to read wiring diagrams to assist with fault finding.
- Experience of PLC fault finding is desirable.
- Demonstrate an excellent analytical approach to problem solving and diagnostics with a can do attitude.
- A reliable team player able to build trusting relationships with colleagues and work unsupervised when required.
- A good eye for detail and takes pride in work.
- Be a good communicator and able to prioritise workload.
- Conversant with health and safety legislation and committed to following company H+S policies.