POSITION: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
HOURS: 37.5 Hours, Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
SALARY: £34000 - £38000
An opportunity has become available for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their team based on the Wirral. The objective of this role is to ensure that the ongoing maintenance of all machinery, facilities and plant are met.
- Carry out and oversee Planned Preventative Maintenance and Total Productive Maintenance on all machinery.
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner, diagnosing root cause to minimise unplanned non-productive maintenance and to improve departments KPI's.
- Undertake responsibility for the analysis and repair of Mechanical & Electrical maintenance and breakdowns and provide out of hours support when required.
- Ensure high performance in problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Ensure all Health & Safety, hygiene and quality control procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that machine and ancillary equipment tools, service and work area are maintained correctly and kept clean and tidy.
- Effectively use knowledge and skills to maintain and improve equipment.
- Ensure all admin procedures, factory and machine documentation/drawings are updated, stored and readily available.
- Support all aspects of the maintenance team's spares including auditing, ordering, recording and replenishment of stock.
- ONC / HNC / NQV Level 3 in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- 17th Edition (preferred but not essential).
- Previous experience within an FMCG environment is essential.
- Experience using condition monitoring equipment (preferred but not essential)
- Good knowledge of Pneumatics and Hydraulics.
- Must have good planning and process skills.
- Possess detailed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and leadership skills.
- PC knowledge Excel, word and email.
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Good understanding of Health & safety.
The company offer excellent career progression, 26 days holiday + bank holidays, pension auto enrolment 4% company contribution and 3 x death in service.
Please call Nicola for more information on or email your CV to
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer