We have a fantastic opportunity to work for a prestigious Cosmetics Company, as a Production Maintenance Technician. You will support site production equipment repairing and maintaining equipment in a safe compliant manner, ensure equipment is fully maintained for its full lifecycle and resolve equipment failures in an efficient, effective manner. Pro-active team working with peers, customer, and support groups to improve equipment reliability and performance.
Actively support engineering projects and improvements to maintain and enhance the site's competitive edge.
Share knowledge and coaching of others to meet operational requirements.
24 hours Weekend only shift:
Late Shift: 11:00 - 23:00 Saturday to Sunday;
Night Shift: 23:00 - 11:00 Saturday to Sunday.
- Equipment breakdown response. Mechanical/Electrical fault diagnosis.
- Continual improvement of machine performance to provide the best possible equipment availability for delivering production needs
- Line ownership with planned and preventative maintenance
- Equipment repairs and refurbishments
- Working in a safe, compliant manner with completion of associated documentation
The ideal candidate will have:
- A recognized apprenticeship in a relevant discipline
- A career background in a high-speed production environment - packaging, pharmaceutical, food, process or similar
- Ability to make sound judgments whilst prioritizing multiple requests
- An understanding of electrics and pneumatics, accredited electrical/electronic/controls knowledge (multi-skilled preferred)
- Sound fault diagnosis and problem-solving methods to identify problems and apply root cause fixes
- Electrical/Mechanical/Controls Multi-skilled.
- Ability to coach skilled and non-skilled operators
- Good communication skills
- Able to plan and prioritize own workload
- Welding, flexible working, 24-hour call-out, Manual Handling, Physical work.
Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment is essential for this role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job