CJ Employment Solutions are looking for a Maintenance Engineer for our client in Peterborough.
We are seeking a skilled technician with a good engineering background and relevant experience in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair and the installation and / or modification of machinery.
Main Accountability / Purpose
Maintain thermoforming, printing and paper cup machines through breakdown, planned, and preventative maintenance methodologies. Additionally, the role includes the participation in continuous improvement projects.
Formal engineering qualification or recognized apprenticeship. Preference will be given to those who are multi-skilled.
Hands-on engineering experience in a FMCG manufacturing organisation.
Health & Safety awareness.
Flexible approach to work.
- Mininmum of 5 years experience in fault finding on plastic processing equipment (injection moulding or Thermoforming), printing (flexographic or dry-offset) machines.
- Particular preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Must be KPI driven to optimise output and yield and use their initiative to solve a problem.
- good housekeeping practices within the work area, around machine tools, within the workshop area and around the factory where work has been undertaken.
- They will exhibit the ability to adhere to safety standards with the highest integrity.
- Act professionally with all internal and external customers and all colleagues
- Ensure all communication between yourself and your colleagues is clear and delivered in a professional manner.
- Ensure that all relevant information is shared between all colleagues by instigating communication
- Maintain effective accurate systems and records that can be accessed at any time by colleagues
- Share workloads covering sickness and holidays. Be proactive to assist with colleagues temporary increased workloads
- Have a flexible approach to changes in working relationships and working methods
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues at all times.
- To assist with, demonstrate and promote inter-departmental communications, relations and working.
Health & Safety
- To ensure compliance with the Organisation Environmental, Safety and Employment Legislation policies
- To ensure that Company safety, fire and accident policies are adhered to
- To report any element that may result in reducing safety, quality or efficiency standards.
- To drive the department and team to better health and Safety working practices whilst striving to constantly reduce the number of undesirable circumstances, near misses, and accidents.
This is a fortnightly paid position and is on the 4on-4off shift rotation working 12 hour shifts.
(Two days: 7am to 7pm; Two nights: 7pm to 7am; and 4 rest days).