Our client are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer for their Ketley site this role will run Tuesday to Friday.
The main purpose of the job will be to install, maintain and repair all machinery across the site to ensure minimum downtime and disruption to the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Electrical fault finding, diagnosis and repair of equipment using the appropriate test equipment and tools.
- Respond immediately to any breakdowns which occur, complete fault finding and diagnostics and fix any faults where possible or arrange for the installation of replacements.
- Conduct all planned preventative maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with the management team, and relevant staff to inform them of any problems or concerns regarding the run ability of the plant.
- Electrical installation of new plant and machinery.
- Implement and develop new processes to resolve maintenance faults and repeat issues.
- Ensure all machinery is safe and fit for purpose.
- Complete periodic PAT testing, down loading and recording data.
- Complete regular testing of fire detection equipment and emergency lighting carrying out any repairs required.
- In conjunction with the Chief Electrical Engineer maintain minimum stock levels of essential spare parts used on the presses, plate machinery, mail room equipment and consumables for all MNA sites.
- Assist the Chief Electrical Engineer with the schedule of services to machinery according to manufacturer's guidelines with outside contractors ensuring that the services completed have been carried out satisfactorily.
- Operate with a continuous improvement focus and highlight any areas, inefficiencies to the Group Engineering Manager.
- Complete any project work either individually, or as part of a team.
- Operate at all times in accordance with health and safety guidelines and actively promote safe working practices.
- Ensure that the work area is kept clean and tidy.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be require
The ideal applicant will have completed an Indentured Apprenticeship or be qualified at least up to is level 3 in City & Guilds Electrical and Electronic Engineering (8030)
The position will run on permanent days Tuesday - Friday but you will be required to work 10 night shifts throughout the year to cover holiday.
Hours of work:
- Fault Finding
- PAT Testing
- 17th edition
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job