Our client is looking for a dynamic Maintenance Engineer to join their plant based in Liverpool.
The company is a cutting edge car parts manufacturer with large growth plans, meaning this is an excellent time to join this ambitious company, its growth is phenomenal and the candidate must want to be part of an organisation that is aiming to be a major, world class Tier 1 manufacturer within the next five years.
The candidate will be a time served Electrical or Mechanical Engineer. Reporting to the Lead Maintenance Engineer, and linked to the production department, you will be responsible for maintaining the availability of manufacturing plant and supporting services on a day to day basis. The candidate needs to be self motivated, able to think on their feet and make the right decisions with respect to safety, quality and machine availability.To carry out this function the role will require excellent problem solving skills ideally with both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Carry out planned and preventive maintenance (PPM) on all plant equipment.
- Respond to breakdowns and solve problemssafely and effectively, ensuring the production team is informed on progress.
- Carry out maintenance work requests.
- Help identify and manage spare parts to facilitate PPM work and repair work.
- Raise purchase requisitions for tools, equipment and parts required to complete tasks.
- Ensure all H&S procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure company policies are adhered to.
- Control of contractors on site, issuing permits to work, contracted work sign-off etc.
- Carry out continuous improvement day to day and in an ongoing basis
- Electrical or Mechanical apprenticeship.
- Delivery focused approach to work.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use initiative.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Organised approach to work with ability to set up systems and procedures
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Good PC skills and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong ability to learn.
Initially days, converting to 6am - 2pm/2pm - 10pm
25 Days annual leave
3% pension company contribution
Salary is £32k + 10% shift allowance
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Purchase Requisitions