Rosyth - Scotland
I am recruiting a Maintenance Engineer on behalf of a FTSE 100 Organisation and leading engineering partner that undertakes critical engineering work worldwide.
The successful Maintenance Engineer will oversee all aspects of the Docked Support Period Contract, ensuring that the period is completed to specified standards of quality, within a contracted time frame and delegated budget. With your experience in a ship repair/build environment you will understand the maintenance schedule, survey and report on any issues and interact with the Project Production Team to ensure that all aspects of the contract are compliant.
Main purpose of role:
- Monitoring project activities against scheduled programme, ensuring progress is reported accurately to the Platform Manager.
- Manage and approve variations to the contract up to a delegated value including evaluation of sub-con quotes, check and demand MoD materials (if available) and from experience ensure hours for the additional works are just and fair before agreeing a firm price.
- Provide guidance to Ship's staff on all aspects of the Docked Support period, be instrumental in the planned handover of compartments and harbour trial planning and execution.
- On-site focal point to provide system technical assistance to all stakeholders including Equipment Authorities, Ships staff and the contractor.
- Above all, have detailed knowledge of the scope of contracted work against the programme informing the Platform Manager if any aspect of that work or variation to that work impacts the agreed programme.
- HNC/HND Engineering.
- 4 - 5 years on the job engineering experience.
- Experience within a ship repair/build environment.
- Understanding of risk management.
- Great communication skills.
- Ex Royal Navy.
The position would make an ideal opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to continue to develop their skills and progress their career within a market leading and FTSE 100 organisation.
Please apply online or for more information please contact Gemma Rogan on .
- Maintenance and Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job