Multi Skilled Shift Engineer- £38,400 (including shift allowance) - Coventry
Clemence Rogers are currently recruiting for a Shift Engineer / Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer on behalf of our client a specialist manufacturing business with a turnover of circa £120m with several sites across the UK. The position is to be based at their site in Coventry working on a 3-shift rotation (Days/Evenings/Nights).
Key Responsibilities (will include):
- Install, restore, repair, improve, maintain plant and equipment to achieve optimum performance, while working safely always.
- completion of daily and weekly tasks in a timely manner, adopting an analytical approach to problem solving by using WCM tools, to identify the root cause of failures, along with proposing appropriate corrective/sustaining actions
- Conduct an "On the job Risk Assessment" for tasks and communicate any resulting recommendations for improvements. Challenge and report all unsafe actions and hazards.
- The completion of maintenance job cards and BDA tasks, scheduled or unplanned, while understanding the Key Performance Indicators, and how they impact on plant performance on a daily and weekly basis.
- Installation of plant and associated services.
- Assist in the completion of the fault finding to determine the root cause of failures and identify sustaining actions to prevent re-occurrence. Complete BDA and 5Whys as required.
- Assist in the reduction of plant downtime.
- Completion of an electrical maintenance/engineering apprenticeship
- Mechanical / Electrical conversion
- Experience within an industrialised manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Familiar with safety requirements e.g. Isolation and Permit's to Work.
- Using and interpreting engineering data.
- Bench fitting, basic workshop machining, welding & fabrication.
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatic systems.
- Ability to read and fault find from Mechanical/Hydraulic/Pneumatic drawings
- £34,000 per year +Shift allowance (£4,400)
- Rotating 3 shifts (days/evenings/nights)
- Based at Coventry Site
- Working within a team of 5 Engineers
- Reporting to the Chief Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job