- A UK flexible packaging manufacturer who supply packaging for household names, including products for all the main supermarket chains.
- Maintenance Engineer
- This is a continental shift pattern working rotating day and night shifts 3 x 12 hours per week.
- To work as part of the Engineering Team working on Mechanical and electrical machinery throughout the site when required. Safety is first and foremost in your working environment. You will cover all departments and ancillary equipment throughout the site. Carrying out maintenance, repairs, PPM schedules, routine testing, calibration, record keeping, health and safety, participate in the company’s functions and other functions as detailed by Engineering Manager.
- To ensure a smooth and effective maintenance department.
- Ensure maximum machine availability at all times.
- React to faults and breakdowns as priority.
- Implement and maintain PPM. Programme.
- Work within a dedicated budget.
- Liaise with external contractors.
- Record and update key engineering data.
- Embed the health and safety culture throughout the department.
- Liaise with operations team regarding maintenance plan and issues.
- Lead or participate in various projects considering current issues/initiatives as a means of improving overall business efficiency.
- Embrace the site strategy and projects.
- Meet with engineering manager to monitor progress
Previous Experience & Key Skills:
- Strong Electrical/Electronic knowledge and background
- Strong Mechanical Engineering knowledge and background
- Highly decisive team player
- Strong time management skills
- Effective motivator and communicator
- Previous proven experience within engineering area
- Strong emotive control and effective crisis management skills
- Strong knowledge of health and safety
- Willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable
This list is not exhaustive.
- £32,000 pa depending on experience
If you feel you have the right skill set and attributes for this role and that it’s the challenge you are looking for then please contact us on a confidential basis
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Repairs
- Mechanical Engineering