Working as part of a multi-skilled engineering team, responsibilities of the role include the preventative planned maintenance, breakdown cover and general upkeep of equipment in the Distribution Centre.
Working in a fast moving, highly demanding environment it is your responsibility to ensure the availability and up time of business critical equipment. Also to ensure our business remains compliant with key health and safety legislation. You will be expected to undertake key aspects of maintenance work on mechanical and electrical systems across the site, including but not limited to:
- High speed conveyor systems,
- Sortation equipment,
- Lift systems,
- Recycling equipment,
- Pneumatic and hydraulic systems,
- This list is not exhaustive
Also carrying any required project work on installations, upgrades and continuous improvement initiatives, as well as general day-to-day activities. You will report in to the leading engineer on shift and subsequent hierarchy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Indentured time served apprenticeship in an mechanical engineering Maintenance discipline
- Possess a minimum of BTEC ONC level qualification or equivalent in the relevant field
- Hold NVQ level III qualification or equivalent experience in the relevant mechanical maintenance disciplines. (electrical maintenance qualification would also be desirable).
- Previous experience in a material handling or FMCG environment, being multi-skilled and having knowledge of PLC's would be favourable.
The shifts are 4 on 4 off to include x2 12 hour days and x2 12 hour nights, with 18 days off after the 8th rotation.
PMP Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Health & safety
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"