telent Maintenance Engineer, Heathrow
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Competent to Requirements of BS7671 17th Edition Regulations.
* Competent to the Requirements of HERS8.
* G39 Certificated.
* Ability to understand equipment MCE0141 specifications.
* Experience in other similar fields with transferable skills will also be taken into account.
* Be part of a 24/7 365 shift team maintaining Traffic signals across North West, South West and Central London.
* Carrying out reactive, preventative and planned maintenance on traffic signals and associated equipment.
* Operating from the Heathrow service centre and reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
* Interrogate traffic signal controllers of all types, carry out fault analysis, diagnose root cause and repair of all controller and associated ancillary equipment.
* When required complete periodic inspections in line with customer requirements.
* Attendance and 'Make Safe' of Emergency RTA faults in line with stringent customer requirements.
* Investigation of possible cable faults at pole tops, controller & chambers.
* Deliver the highest level of service to our customer through an innovative & proactive approach to reactive and preventative maintenance.
* As and when required provide support to other areas of telent including other maintenance areas and chargeable works.
* Proactively identify and undertake Preventative Maintenance measures to reduce fault rates.
* Complete detailed fault repair reports live onsite utilizing telents Fault Management System.
* Ensure all consumables are maintained on vehicle to required levels.
* Complete all personal admin tasks within company timescales.
* Liaise on a daily basis with the local telent Fault Desk to ensure effective fault attendance.
* Liaise directly with customer and other stakeholders providing a customer focused and collaborative service.
* Ensure test equipment, vehicle, tools and PPE are compliant, safe and have up to date calibration certificates where required.
* Comply with all telent RAMS & SSOWs at all times.
* Complete onsite Risk Assessments.
* Ensure compliance with all associated legislation.
* Self-motivation is a key skill required as this role is field based and will also require a high degree of flexibility and self-management.
* Although training is provided the successful candidate will be required to learn new skills and equipment through proactive investigations, use of documentation & technical manuals and via onsite training with other experienced engineers/technical support.
Excellent employee benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.