Maintenance Engineer (Electro Mechanical, Automotive, PLC, PAT)
Salary £Neg + benefits
Our client is a global leader within the engineering, manufacturing and distribution of quality pneumatic and fluid control solutions in the Rail, Life Sciences, Energy, Food & Beverage and Commercial Vehicles sectors the company has a world class reputation in the development and production of solenoid valve technologies, air suspension, food sorting and Ink Jet markets.
They now have an immediate requirement for a Maintenance Engineer to ensure efficient running of the production processes, preventing machine downtime by servicing the equipment and preventing machine issues before breakdowns occur. Where machine breakdowns do occur, the objective is to repair and then complete a preventative action to stop reoccurrence.
Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities
- Support unplanned downtime on production equipment by taking appropriate action to bring the equipment back in to service in the minimum time possible.
- Complete planned preventative maintenance, following the schedules.
- Organise external preventative maintenance, following the schedules.
- Complete planned calibration of production gauges, following calibration schedules.
- Complete planned PAT tests, following PAT testing schedules.
- Complete assigned maintenance improvement actions to agreed plan.
- Support the analysis of existing machinery to identify actions to prevent downtime.
- Ensure company engineering change control procedures are followed for any changes to production processes.
Personal & Team Responsibilities
- Identify and implement appropriate improvements to the maintenance methods
- Keep work colleagues up-to-date with appropriate maintenance methods
- Identify own training requirements to achieve minimum standards of performance.
- Actively contribute to new product and process introduction.
- Attend maintenance team meetings.
- Provide clear communication across shifts between all team members
- Provide data to support Maintenance team KPI generation.
- Health, Safety & Environmental & Responsibilties
Qualifications and Experience
- NVQ level 4 in engineering or considerable Mechatronic engineering experience.
- Able to use, monitor & diagnose PLC programs. (Keyence / Mitsubishi)
- Experience of using preventative maintenance systems in an Automotive supplier environment. (OEE/TPM)
- Demonstrable continuous improvement experience.
- Demonstrable experience in problem solving techniques.
- Desirable - 17th Edition qualified, able to use, monitor & diagnose robotics. (ABB / Staubli), health & safety & environmental awareness. (legislation), 1st aid qualified, Plastic Injection mould machine and mould tool experience.