International Manufacturer requires a Night Shift Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias).
The company’s successful growth means enhancing the maintenance team to provide support to manufacturing operations during the Night Shifts, working 10pm to 6am, Monday to Friday.
Your main place of work will be Shefford and you will support the manufacturing operations at both Bedford and Shefford sites. You will therefore need a valid driving licence to travel between sites.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Production teams to reduce downtime and optimise production
- Concise Engineering communication both written and verbal for shift handover.
- Pro-active communication with Shift Teams to identify and resolve issues in a prompt and timely manner.
- Adhering to set maintenance schedules and procedures, the ethos of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM).
- Responding to machinery breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Implementing requests for improvement and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Making recommendations to reduce costs, reduce downtime and improve health & safety.
- Liaising and supervision of visiting contractors, surveyors etc. as required.
- Completing necessary administration both pre and post maintenance tasks.
- Participation in project work.
Knowledge, essential skills and experience
- Time served Engineering apprenticeship to an industry standard recognised qualification (HNC/C&G).
- Evidence of competency in electrical/electronic disciplines.
- Aptitude for and experience with mechanical practices within a production environment.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing facility where a time critical response is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Computer literate; particularly with Microsoft Office.
- Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Compliant with Health and Safety requirements.
- Full UK driving licence.
Desired skills and experience
- Welding experience, Mig, Tig & MMA Welding.
- Experience of Milling and Turning.
- PLCs (Siemens Micromaster).
- Experience of using a Computerised Maintenance Management System (Planned Maintenance System).
- BS 7671 - Requirements for Electrical Installations (17th Edition).
- Counterbalance fork lift licence.
- IPAF powered access permit.
The company offers competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, a pension scheme and private healthcare.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job