Maintenance Engineer - Machine Shop - Day shift
Salary is up to £38k depending upon experience
The Maintenance Engineer will be providing support and service to ensure optimum machine tool uptime.
This role would suit a time served or HNC qualified mechanical / electrical engineer who enjoys identifying and solving problems and has experience in a machine shop / CNC environment.
We are looking for someone with strong organisational skills, good electrical knowledge to assist with machine fault diagnoses as well as the ability to conduct basic facility repairs. The Maintenance Engineer will work in partnership with contractors for bigger jobs and machine maintenance arrangements.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
- Reactive maintenance organisation through OEM or contractor for machinery - Repair of production equipment including CNC and conventional machine tools
- Preventative maintenance - Complete required PPM scheduled tasks as required
- Develop PPM schedules where required
- Establish and maintain a critical spare bonded store
- Predictive maintenance - monitor key component performance characteristics to predict advance service requirements
- Ensure safe systems of work practices are adhered to
- Facility maintenance when required
- To arrange, manage and maintain service contract records and manage contractors whilst on site
- Conduct routine checks for decibel, fire alarm, fire extinguisher
The Maintenance Engineer will have experience in:
- Diagnosing equipment point failure reasons and root causes (predominantly diagnoses using electrical knowledge with expert support)
- Establishing and organising the most effective countermeasure activities for issues
- Mechanical / Electrical systems on both CNC and conventional machine tools
- HSE - Safe working systems
- Must have strong organisational abilities
- Computer literate
- Continuous Improvement tools and techniques
We have offer fixed shifts. 7:30 to 16:00 Monday to Thursday and 7:00 to 13:00 on a Friday
- Training opportunities
- Opportunity to make this role your own by developing and implementing plans and improvements
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Time off to attend medical appointments
- Discounted Supermarket Vouchers and Cinema Tickets through Edenred
- Long Service award
- Employee referral bonus
My client are a trusted and recognised key provider of precision components and engineering solutions to the aerospace and defence, oil and gas and nuclear sectors. They have 40 years’ experience working to the highest industry standards, controls and compliance.
The company still operates with family values at heart. It has a positive, approachable and welcoming culture. They have recently made significant changes through Lean manufacturing improvements, including external training, new lay out and purchasing capital machinery.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below
- Electrical Engineering
- CNC Machine
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'