CJ Employment Solutions are looking for a Maintenance Electrician for our client in Peterborough.
Main Accountability / Purpose
To electrically, electronically maintain thermoforming, printing and paper cup machines through breakdown, planned, and preventative maintenance methodologies. Additionally, the role includes the participation in continuous improvement projects.
- Knowledge of PLCs and PLC programming.
- Logical approach to troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of temperature and pressure control circuits.
- Understanding of stepper, single and 3 phase motors and motor controllers.
- Able to use and understand multimeters, oscilloscopes and other measurement devices.
- Able to use and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Must be computer literate.
HNC/ONC/C&G in electrical or electronic engineering.
- Mininmum of 5 years experience in fault finding on plastic processing equipment (injection moulding or Thermoforming), printing (flexographic or dry-offset) machines.
- Particular preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Must be KPI driven to optimise output and yield and use their initiative to solve a problem.
- Act professionally with all internal and external customers and all colleagues
- Ensure all communication between yourself and your colleagues is clear and delivered in a professional manner.
- Ensure that all relevant information is shared between all colleagues by instigating communication
- Maintain effective accurate systems and records that can be accessed at any time by colleagues
- Share workloads covering sickness and holidays. Be proactive to assist with colleagues temporary increased workloads
- Have a flexible approach to changes in working relationships and working methods
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues at all times.
- To assist with, demonstrate and promote inter-departmental communications, relations and working.
Health & Safety
- To ensure compliance with the Organisation Environmental, Safety and Employment Legislation policies
- To ensure that Company safety, fire and accident policies are adhered to
- To report any element that may result in reducing safety, quality or efficiency standards.
- To drive the department and team to better health and Safety working practices whilst striving to constantly reduce the number of undesirable circumstances, near misses, and accidents.
This is a fortnightly paid position and is on the 4on-4off shift rotation working 12 hour shifts.
(Two days: 7am to 7pm; Two nights: 7pm to 7am; and 4 rest days).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job