Our Client is the world's largest producer of bricks and No.1 on the clay roof tiles market in Europe with 204 plants in 30 countries , they been manufacturing quality clay building products since 1819 when they opened their first factory in Vienna, Austria. Their presence in the UK is currently larger than at any point in their 200 year history, employing c 1200 people across Head Office, 4 showrooms, 13 manufacturing sites and 6 distribution centers throughout the UK. They manufacture in excess of 400 products including bricks, blocks, roof tiles and pavers for the home building and renovation markets.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician at the Ewhurst factory in Ewhurst, Surrey.
About The Role:
Working as part of the maintenance team to ensure that all electrical plant equipment and machinery on site are operating efficiently with the minimum amount of downtime and they are kept in safe and good mechanical working order. Ensure safe working at all times with a right first time every time by everyone attitude to produce a cost effective, quality product whilst adhering to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Install and or maintain all electrical & electro-mechanical plant or machinery in line with Company requirements.
- Operate a preventative electrical maintenance system to ensure that the plant & machinery is in good working order.
- Fault find and repair any electrical or electro-mechanical related problems on the plant or equipment.
- Program all Siemens & other PLC equipment.
- Use various types of testing equipment in order to locate and remedy faults in the shortest possible time.
- Ensure that all plant and machinery is kept in a good working and clean condition.
- Assist with the installation of new plant equipment.
- Order and collect spares and electrical materials for new and existing plant in keeping with the required standards.
- Promote Lean thinking and actively look for ways to improve your efficiency.
- Safely carry out all manual handling in the correct and trained manner.
- Follow all Standard Operating procedures (SOP’S) and help review when required.
- Perform other duties as required by your line manager.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified from a recognised Electrical Apprenticeship.
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering
- Sound knowledge & experience of fault finding and repairs to 3 phase systems.
- Knowledge of basic Plc programmes and Fault finding using Plc’s
- Conversant with VSD’s (variable speed drives)
- 17th Edition qualified
- Ability to read and understand schematic electrical drawings
- Good working knowledge of EHS systems
If you feel this role fits your skills set and experience please apply today.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Thank you for your application.
- Fault Finding
- PLC Programming