Our clients name become synonymous with delivering dependable waterproofing solutions backed by supreme levels of customer service.
They are seeking to recruit a Maintenance Electrician to carry out reactive and proactive maintenance to all site plant equipment. The successful applicant will report into the Maintenance Manager and be responsible for assisting with the efficient running of the Maintenance department functions. They will have demonstrable experience working in a similar position, and will be highly motivated with a “can do” approach.
- Respond to breakdowns, systematically fault find, and identify root cause and then implement solution to prevent recurrence.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital systems and circuitry.
- Carry out planned maintenance and identify continuous improvements to increase equipment efficiency.
- Equipment is fully tested and working before being handed back to production
- Work with production, support groups and suppliers to implement improvement opportunities to increase equipment efficiency and safety and reduce engineering downtime.
- Identify and implement improvements to equipment to increase process robustness and reliability.
- Repairing and maintaining equipment so as to provide best possible equipment availability for delivering production and business needs.
- Taking personal accountability for providing a responsive and effective service.
- Actively support engineering improvements and changes to maintain and enhance their competitive edge within the group of companies and business competitors.
- A flexible approach with the ability to see a job through to its conclusion.
- Knowledge, skills and experience
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship to minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- ONC/NVQ or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Post apprenticeship work experience as a Maintenance Electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of fault finding and diagnostics.
- Experience of pneumatics, hydraulics and process control systems.
- Relevant H & S awareness/training.
- BS 7671: 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations.
- HNC or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- Electrical/Mechanical Multiskilling training and experience.
The full time, permanent position comes with a company paid health plan, contributory pension, Life Assurance plan, 24 days holidays increasing to 26 days in addition to bank holidays and a free car park
Hours: 40 hours per week