Our client is the UK leading steel plate re-roller supplying the UK and Northern Europe having achieved record breaking results in the last year. They are looking for a shift Maintenance Technician (Electrical bias) to join their highly skilled engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a can do attitude, be a self- starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Maintain plant and equipment both reactively (e.g. breakdowns), and proactively (e.g. PPMs, spares build-up).
- To systematically establish cause of failure in equipment
- To work efficiently and expediently in all duties undertaken
- To hand over any work which remains incomplete at the end of a shift
- To seek assistance whenever required or at times of potential conflict (e.g. priorities)
- To refer to records, drawings, manuals, and other material as necessary
- To work effectively with colleagues and subcontractors
- To perform any other duties as required by The Company
- Work safely at all times, ensuring safety standards and protocols are maintained
- To be involved and assist wherever and whenever possible in safety improvements.
- The candidate must be time-served in maintenance engineering, ideally with an electrical bias
- Experience of fault finding on PLC controlled equipment
- Experience of working in heavy industry is desirable
- Demonstrate an ability to work safely at all times
- A FLT licence would be desirable
- Hold a 17th edition.