As a Maintenance Person for Maria Mallaband care group you will be part the care homes team and as such work with other staff to ensure the safety of all the Service Users, visitors and employees. The work can be both physically and mentally demanding. Predominately the job is about Health and Safety checks of the building, environment and equipment. It will also require you to go into residents rooms and being able to feel comfortable around people living with dementia.
This role will include some weekend work.
- The Maintenance Person will ideally hold relevant qualification or be willing to work towards one,
- Have an understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage pressure, prioritise tasks and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Genuine interest in working in a care environment.
- Health and Safety checks of the buildings, environment and equipment.
- Have an understanding of and empathy with older people.
- Be able to take a lead where needed and also be a team player.
- And need to be able to work well on their own and manage their time effectively.
- Clean Driving License.
- Required to work in a Homely, Lively and Exciting environment.
In return for all of this you will receive a competitive salary package plus:
- Training support and development opportunities
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Fully funded training
- Simply Health cover after one year of service, inc. cashback on medical and dental expenses
- Perkbox - a range of discounts and free monthly offers for a variety of high street shops and restaurants
- Car through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work scheme
- NEST pension plan
- Nurse and carer referral scheme
- Rewards for 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of service
- Annual staff recognition through MMCG Care Awards
*Apprenticeship opportunities available
“Maria Mallaband Care Group’s main priority is the welfare and wellbeing of its residents and staff. We have therefore adopted a Group wide policy across all our Homes requiring all new staff to confirm they are willing to receive a [Covid-19] vaccine. Prior to commencing employment, the successful applicant will be required to confirm in writing that they are happy to consent to receiving a Covid Vaccine when available, in accordance with the Government’s UK wide vaccination programme and that they are not aware of any reason why they would should not consent. We are happy to answer any queries any applicant might have about this policy.”Heeley Bank
Heeley Bank Care Home is a Sheffield facility with a sixty-seven person capacity specialising in elderly care, in particular for people with dementia and Alzheimer's, as well as for cancer care needs. A versatile care service looks to achieve a satisfying day-to-day living environment, offering access to GPs and physiotherapy and having a versatile policy on pets. The home has good wheelchair access and residents have TV and telephone points in their own room, while being located close to shops and other amenities.
Care is at the heart of what we do here at Maria Mallaband Care Group. We're an established family-run care provider, and we deliver care to over 3,500 residents across our 80+ care homes nationwide.
Our mission is to be the best quality; most highly regarded Care Provider in the United Kingdom and our vision is to create a home from home environment for both residents and staff.
We are committed to being an Investors in People employer, which means that we continually invest in your personal training and development. MMCG is a place where your career truly starts to grow.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Interested? Just click apply! Or if you have any further questions before applying you can contact the recruitment team at [email protected] or you can call us at .
You can find out more about life at MMCG on Facebook and Twitter:
Please be aware this vacancy may close earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications have been received.
Maria Mallaband Care Group
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'