Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,500 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
New Court, Cheltenham
£8.17 per hour
30 hours per week
Why work for us?
New Court is a brand new, luxurious and privately owned retirement development in the heart of the stylish Montpellier district in Cheltenham. With 53 uniquely styled apartments and a range of thoughtfully designed and meticulously finished communal facilities, New Court’s onsite services are designed to help create the perfect home.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Maintenance Assistant who will ensure our high standard of company legislative procedures throughout New Court are constantly met. Working closely with our owners you will take a real sense of pride in delivering an exceptional service.
The role of Maintenance Assistant will include:
- Undertaking site repairs and maintenance duties
- Serving as point of contact for customers onsite
- Identifying potential maintenance issues and liaising with necessary specialists or contractors
- Carrying out planned routine works such as decorating
- Assisting in scheduled building checks and audits, ensuring a safe and secure environment
- Occasional gardening duties as per business requirements
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience within a maintenance role is essential
- Prior experience of identifying and carrying out repairs
- Experience operating hand tools and light machinery
- Working knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 28 days annual leave including public holidays (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 22 August 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"